Tuesday 24 April 2012

 WOW! So this very moment is fulfilling a dream of mine. I am tempted to succumb to the pressure that this first entry must be epic!! Hello everyone and welcome to the sometimes disorderly- worded -and- run- on- sentence- world of me. As I talked a bit about in my "about me",  I am in my seventh month of Maternity leave. It has been such an awesome experience to be able to NOT work and to have the chaos around me settle into just revolving around my little family.
 Prior to my time off I worked (and still do technically) as a Manager of a retail store. After working retail for ten years I have seen it all! My day to day life was filled with the nonsense of retail. Customers returning and complaining and head office never seeing the work you do and expecting more than any human could ever achieve. I was slowly becoming a a bitter employee, snapping at customers and encouraging all the part time employees to finish post secondary education and get the heck out of HERE! Life was one meaningless day after another and I was losing my witness as a Christian as I slipped into wonderfully complacent thoughts of bitterness.
 When I found out unexpectedly that I was Pregnant, my husband and I were socked and then became excited at the prospect of being parents. After months of working on my feet, I grew to anticipate and in a weird way dread the time off. Now I can say with confidence that it has been such a blessing to have this time to spend with my family, my BABY and God. I look forward to sharing with you thoughts and revelations that I am having on this journey we call life!

No comments:

Post a Comment