Sunday 29 April 2012

The Dawning of a New Day

 The day after my first post, I had a miscarriage. I had previously taken 3 pregnancy tests to confirm the fact that I was pregnant. Although this wasn't planned by my husband and I, we had become very excited at the prospect of growing our family and giving our 7 month old a little sibling. It was extremely painful, both physically and emotionally to say goodbye to our little one. Although I was only five weeks along, I had begun to dream and pray daily for the little one that grew within me. I mourned the loss of my plans and had to surrender (unwillingly) to God's. The best way to describe how I felt was to say that I felt as though I had been woken up from a beautiful dream only to find that it was untrue. I felt an emptiness. Seeing my little was hard too. I lost it when I did and as gross or morbid as it may sound I kept the tissue in a container. When we have our own house I plan to bury the baby on our property. I KNOW that God has an amazing plan and I need to trust him. I also know that our baby is much happier with his/her creator being raised in heaven. The thought excites me that One day we will meet him/her. Until then little one...until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment